About Mielgo lab
We are a dedicated and international research team and we are passionate about what we do!
Our main goals are:
- To understand the complex interactions between tumour cells and stromal cells, in order to find better treatments for cancer.
- To train and inspire the next generation of cancer researchers.
We believe in and support:
- A collaborative working environment
- Diversity (gender, cultural…) because we believe diversity is the key to creativity, and creativity is essential to research.
The Team December 2016
From left to right:
- Sasha Mousdell: Mres student
- Lucy Ireland: PhD student
- Dr Ainhoa Mielgo: Team Leader
- Dr Carlos Figueiredo: Post-doctoral fellow
- Almudena Santos: Research Assistant
- Dr Smitha Subramanya: Career re-entry